Dawit Moges, Director of Blessing the Children Development Organization
- Dawit is BCDO’s Director and he is a charismatic leader with vast experience in both the government and private sector, which makes him uniquely suited to lead the organization to achieve its vision. Having a modest upbringing with a very low income family, he himself was able to go to school because of a child sponsorship program. To this day he remembers his Swedish sponsor who helped him to be the man he is today. Now it is his vision to support children who are in a position just like he was in when he was growing up. In addition to his vast experience and modest upbringing, he is also a loving husband and father who enjoys spending his spare time at home with his family. His favorite scripture is Ephesians 2:11 which states “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.”
Yegilwork (Goldy) Abdulkadir, Social Worker, Ethiopia
- Goldy got her nickname from the English translation of her given name, which means “personal gold”, and she certainly has been a treasure to Blessing the Children! Since early 2008, Goldy has been using her diploma in social work to grow and develop the child sponsorship program in her church and community. Her favorite part about this job is the knowledge that she is helping to make a significant impact on the lives of orphaned and underprivileged children. It is beautiful to witness her God-given passion for children throughout all the hard work that she does for Blessing the Children.
FurtunaTadesse, Principal of DZ Campus
- Furtuna is a vibrant and driven young woman with a diploma in Natural Science and experience as a teacher and administrator, and she values education and hard work. Furtuna says that teaching is essential to learning, which is essential to success, and she loves to teach children towards this end. In addition to classroom time with the children, Furtuna also invests in the other teachers, helping them to succeed as well. Her warm disposition and firm guidance make Furtuna the best at this job. When she’s not teaching children or mentoring teachers, Furtuna can be found listening to Amharic music, keeping herself up to date on the world’s current events, or just spending time with her husband and child.
Endale Hode, Director of School Administration, Ethiopia
- Endale fits well the holistic focus of Blessing the Children through his practical administrative and accounting experience of over twenty years, his love for God, and his desire to share the good news of the Bible with Ethiopia’s next generation. In addition to his Accounting Advance Certificate, he is presently a fourth year theology degree student. One of Endale’s favorite things about working with Blessing the Children since the fall of 2009, is that he has had many opportunities to make a difference in the physical, social, psychological, and spiritual lives of underprivileged children. Whenever he has a little time to spare, Endale can be found with a newspaper, a Bible, or a table tennis paddle in hand.
Abera Tirore, Accountant, Blessing the Children Development Organization, Ethiopia,
- Abera has worked with BCDO as the accountant for the past three months. He attends Kale Hiwot Church near Koriftu. His favorite scripture is anything about peace and happiness. He likes that he is working in his profession and he gets to manage the finances of the ministry. When he’s not at the office, he is helping his family and enjoying time with them. A fact no one else knows about him he says is that he does not like talking much.