Life used to be normal and full of joy for Beselote’s family. He was blessed with a happy family, a father who provides and a mother that cares and dotes on her children. But one day life turned upside down when his father, former military personnel, was arrested on a suspicion of wrong doing. With his father gone, the only source of income dried up for the family and life begins to spiral out of control for Beselote’s mother and her four children. Like many other Ethiopian women, Beselote’s mother never worked outside the home; yet the full burden of providing and caring for the children fell on her. As the family struggles to survive with no income, they fall on the mercy of relatives and friends. While able to provide a modicum of relief to this burdened family, Beselote’s relatives and friends struggle to provide for their own families as well. This is when Blessing the Children found Beselote and his family.
You may ask yourself why you should choose to sponsor with Blessing the Children. I would love to share with you my own personnel reasons for choosing to sponsor with them.
- Your entire donation is sent to Ethiopia. We have first hand experience at seeing what a few dollars can do to change the life of child, therefore we choose to fund raise for office expenses over and above our sponsorships of $30, $60 and $90.
- It is one of the most excellent programs I have been involved with. The children get lots of food, soap, vitamins, oil, school uniforms, school supplies, and schooling paid for. They also receive medical attention when they are sick. Of course with each sponsorship level chosen the children gets a few more benefits. We start with making sure their bellies are full and they are able to attend school.
- We try to facilitate times when you are able to send a “special gift” for your sponsor child. At this time we are working on sending a container and sponsor can send a “backpack” full of goodies for their children. It is such a joy to see the happy faces on the Ethiopian end of sponsorship!
- We are constantly checking on your children and trying to make sure they are safe, well cared for and healthy! We have several social workers that are checking on them once a month.
- Our goal is to try and send a sponsorship letter to you once a month. It is a lot of hard work and the children don’t always understand why they have to send this difficult English letter to you but with time and training they are realizing it is the duty of one who is receiving the privilege of being sponsored.
- You have the potential to meet your sponsor child face to face if you travel with us to Ethiopia. You can spend time one on one and see they reality of the living situations that exist.
Beselote needs a full sponsor to join the child sponsorship program and begin receiving support. If you are interested in this child or have in mind another one you can phone Ronnie at (403) 393-4159 or email SLamb@blessingthechildren.ca You have the ability to change a child’s life!